|PLEASE CHECK AND CONFERENCE TOURS AND COSTS
WELCOME TO URUGUAY
We are proud to say that the genetic basis of the Uruguayan beef cattle industry is Hereford, being the largest Hereford purebred herd in the world.
URUGUAY: Clean green pastures, pure air, pristine water and red sunsets
- Free range
- Grass fed
- No hormones used
- Less colesterol
- 100% traceability
- Safe, healthy, delicious
- High contents of Omega-3 and antioxidants
- For centuries, farmers have applied careful animal welfare and husbandry practices when raising cattle and sheep, following a sustainable process in total harmony with the environment.
- Traceability is mandatory for the 100% of cattle stock and every packing plant in the country. The process begins in the farm when the animal is born and continues until the final product, through an electronic information system (Black Boxes), with ISO 27001 Certification, audited by the British Standars Institute (BSI).
- The use of hormones, antibiotics and animal proteins in animals’ feed is forbidden by law.
- Uruguayan beef has less colesterol and four times more Omega-3 and antioxidants than conventional beef. The taste of meat from animals raised freely and fed on natural pastures is unique and incomparable.
- Uruguay is in the “South American Pampas”, on the Atlantic Ocean coastline, between Argentina and Brazil. The MERCOSUR (Southern Common Market) headquarters are based in Montevideo, the capital city.
- Culture and customs have been strongly influenced by European immigrants.
- Demographic and sociological indicators are similar to those of developed countries.
- Uruguay’s hydrographic system is considered the second largest clean water supply in the world.
- Uruguay is a model on animal welfare in the MERCOSUR.
80% of the land is devoted to livestock
Cattle stock: 11 million head
Largest pure breed - Hereford 6 million heads
100% Traceability by Law
Capital: Montevideo City
Area: 176.220 sq.kms.
Coastline: 660 kms
Population: 3 million
Life expectancy: 75 years
It takes a little longer to raise cattle naturally, on nothing but fresh green grass, pristine water, red sunsets, pure air, and clean blue skies. But then, you can take the pleasure in tasting the quality of time.
We invite you to enjoy the Uruguayan Hereford Beef at the 17th WORLD HEREFORD CONFERENCE to be held from 18th to 25th April 2016
GO AHEAD, FEEL AT HOME!